So we went to register last night. Finally. I'm sure folks are much more on the ball about this than we have been, but honestly...it's been hard to just find a night that we could both go to either Wilmington or Jacksonville to get this done.
We decided to go to Jacksonville because they have a true Babies R Us, not just a small section inside a Toys R Us. They also have a Target in Jax, which is the other place we want to register, so we figured we'd just knock out in one place, in one night.
Wrong.
Because Jax is roughly 45 min to an hour (depending on where you need to go) from our house, we obviously didn't get started as early as we would've since we both worked. So we already had that against us. Not to mention the fact that we've never done this before and we felt COMPLETELY out of our element. It just doesn't matter what kind of prep you put into figuring out what to get ahead of time -- nothing can prepare you for all.the.options. I mean, I've bought countless baby shower gifts for other folks from both BRU and Target so you would think I would be somewhat familiar with what's in the baby section. Well, I guess I've never looked at all of this stuff through THESE eyes.
The eyes of a future mom.
So we checked in at the registry desk at BRU and got our scan gun and checklist. **Note: earlier on Facebook, Jeff had posted a poll question asking folks to list one thing they absolutely would register for, so I had that (very extensive) list, too. And it was helpful -- thanks to everyone who chimed in!** And then it seems like we just wandered aimlessly through the store.
I think we did make some pretty good choices last night but there are still so many things we didn't register for yet for various reasons -- need to think about it some more, can't remember what "so-n-so" said about that, have NO CLUE which one to get...
(excuse the quality -- it was taken with Jeff's iPhone)
We pretty much closed the place down and didn't even MAKE it over to Target. By the time we left, I think we both had headaches and our feet were killing us! But Jeff was such a good sport. I think he did enjoy being there, but he was like me -- there was just SO MUCH to look at and think about. And I'm such an organized person by nature, it was hard for me to make a decision on something without knowing how Target compared, or seeing if there were any more like that in the store, etc. I kinda drove myself crazy. And really, we were all over the store about 3 times.
I did get online today and "tweak" a couple of things so I feel better about that, but like I said, we have a long way to go before I feel like the registry will be complete.
Jeff said he "needs a break" tonight (which means he'll probably be out in the shop; not a true "break", just a break from registering :), so we may try to tackle Target on Saturday sometime. I also feel like I need to make another trip to BRU after we go to Target. I may feel more comfortable by then and maybe it won't take as long.
Maybe. :)

1 comment:
Hmmmm.....kinda rough, but worth it in the end. Nice that you can "go online" to register, too. We didn't have that option.....or a "gun" for that matter. We just had to write it down. Your friends and family will appreciate being able to get "just what you want". It won't matter that YOU don't KNOW "just what you want." :D
Post a Comment