We are officially "registered at Target and Babies R Us". This is kinda funny to me because this is always what I read on the baby shower invitations that we get in the mail, but this time it's for us! I just think it's still a little surreal...
We went Saturday to Target to register for some more stuff and I gotta tell you -- it was an eye opening experience for me. More so than trying to act like I knew what I was doing at Babies R Us Thursday night. Here's the reason: Target has always been my preferred store of choice when purchasing items for any baby shower I'm attending (which are VERY numerous). I think their registry is a lot easier to read and the items are easier to find, and also because the Wilmington BRU is PAH-thetic. It's not even a real store -- it's just a tiny baby section inside a gigantic Toys R Us (hence the reason we went to Jacksonville to register at BRU -- they have their own store).
However, after going to Target to actually register, I was SO disappointed! I guess I never noticed before that you really only get about 3 aisles of stuff, a few endcaps and then CLOTHES (good gracious, the clothes!). **Note: we decided not to register for outfits -- we do have onesies & socks, etc. on the registry -- because we figured people will buy those anyway. :) **
So, wow. That didn't take long, except that I kept walking up and down those 3 aisles thinking, "Did we miss something? This cannot be it! Where is...? We didn't see..." The other thing about Target is that all the baby care stuff, like soap, lotion, diapers, wipes, etc. is all over on the OTHER side of the store. Oh, yeah. We got what we could find and I'm sure I'll be back online "tweaking" here and there but you can only do so much with so little, you know?
We ran back over to BRU for a brief minute since 1) we were right across the street, 2) we closed the store down on Thursday with not.very.much. on the list, and 3) I felt a wee bit more comfortable when looking at their stuff again. We scanned a few more things, but again, with my OCD organized personality, I'm sure I'll be tweaking that one a little bit more, too.
Jeff keeps saying, "We're done!" Um, yeah. You're done, sweetie. But IT is far from done. :) He really was a good sport through the whole thing (it was tough on both of us) and I can't say how much I appreciate him being willing to go with me to register. I know a lot of fellas don't participate in that part, and I'm glad mine did. At least for 2 days. :)
1 comment:
Yay! One more thing basically done! Now you have more time to concentrate on the nursery.....no small matter, huh, Jeff?
Post a Comment