I had a doctor's appt this morning at my OB office for an NST and bp check. My blood pressure was 145/95 -- not what they would prefer, but it was in keeping with the "trend" (i.e., not any higher than it has been over the last week and a half) so they were okay to let it go.
They strapped me up to the monitors for the NST and had a listen to the little one for a while. He wasn't as active as they would've liked, despite the frosted mini-wheats cereal I ate for breakfast (I'm really on a cereal kick recently!) and the grape juice they gave me about halfway through. But there weren't any dips in his heartrate so they were fine with the results of the NST today, too.
They did take my bp after the NST (I had been sitting still in a reclined state for about 45 min or so) and it was down to 130/74. Nice. :)
The only other thing that Dr. Cunill did was check to see if she could tell if the baby had turned. She just poked around and prodded my belly a little bit to see if she could tell if he was still breech or not. She thought maybe she felt him head-down but was afraid to say for sure.
She scheduled an ultrasound for Thursday morning to check fluid levels and of course, they'll be able to check the baby's position then, too. Hopefully they will be able to tell us that he's turned head-down. As much as delivering vaginally scares me, I'd really like to try, so I'm hoping they'll have good news Thursday.
1 comment:
One more appt. down. As long as you're BOTH checking out fine, that's a praise! I appreciate the doctors keeping a close watch, but I know it has to be draining. One day at a time now...... :D
Post a Comment