I'm 39 weeks today and I suppose this will be my last "weeks" post since we're not going to make it to 40 weeks. That's okay, though. I think we're just about ready to meet this little guy!
Here's what babycenter.com says has been going on this week:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
And this is what whattoexpect.com says:
Coming down to the wire, your baby weighs around seven to eight pounds and measures 19 to 21 inches. Those measurements won't change much from now on, but his brain is still growing at an astonishing rate, a pace that will continue for the first three years of life. His pink skin has now turned whitish (even babies who'll eventually have darker skin appear whitish now — they haven't yet developed pigment). His head may have dropped into your pelvis by now, which makes your breathing easier but walking harder. **Nope. Not his head...**
Yeah, this seems about right. :)
Got some photos to post here. First, the comparison of the last 8 weeks of progress:
Then the standard "weeks" photo:
And lastly, the "weeks" photo with regular clothes on:
Remember this shirt? I was tempted to post the original photo of me in the shirt (when we announced we were pregnant) in comparison to these, but it wasn't the most flattering comparison so I decided against it. Just as I decided not to post the 12 weeks vs. 39 weeks photos comparison (in the white tank & pink pants). Most definitely not a very flattering comparison!
So this is it -- these will be the very last photos of me to count down the weeks. Can't believe we're to this point...but we're ready for the next phase to begin!




1 comment:
You look wonderful! I hope all goes well with the c-section. I can't wait to see pictures of little Deacon!
Post a Comment