Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

doctor's appts #24 & #25...

We had our last 2 doctor's appts today.  The first was at my OB office for the standard NST.  That went fine.  Deacon is still doing beautifully.  He has no clue what's about to go down but he'll adjust wonderfully to that, too, I'm sure.  :)

My blood pressue was up, as usual, but Dr. Hall seemed pretty unconcerned at this stage, just mentioning that she wanted us to monitor it to make sure it doesn't climb any higher before tomorrow.

They did check my iron one last time and it was 38 which is perfect.  Never did have trouble with my iron, so I'm thankful for that.

We had a couple of hours to kill before we had our pre-op testing appt downtown so Jeff and I ran a few errands to pick up some last minute things -- things like a 2nd car base for his truck, another changing pad cover, some envelopes & labels, etc.

At the pre-op testing center, we were both impressed with how friendly everyone there was, despite the fact that they.were.slammed.  We saw 3 different people -- one to get us into the system, one to draw blood and the last to explain to us what to expect tomorrow.

I guess I've read enough that I wasn't really surprised at any of the things that Anne told us concerning tomorrow.  Except maybe the fact that I have to shower twice (once tonight & once in the morning) with this specific soap that they gave me.  I guess that gives them a head start on killing any bacteria growing on my skin.

Dr. Hall had told us that she wanted them to take my bp before I left, after lying still on my side for a minute or two, just to see what it was and to make sure it wasn't climbing.  It was perfectly fine, 125/69.  :)

We are the first surgery of the day tomorrow, scheduled at 7:30am, so we'll be heading to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning to get there by 5:45am.  Sheesh.

I think we're as ready as we're ever going to be.  Jeff and I have enjoyed spending these last few days as "just the two of us" and even though we both feel a little bit sad at the "ending of an era", we're ready to expand our family of 2 to 3 and welcome our little man with open arms tomorrow.

No comments: