...that's what little BOYs are made of.
We had our ultrasound today to check measurement and growth of the baby but because I'm 17.5 weeks along they were able to check to see what the sex of the baby was, too. So many people, family and friends alike, have told us they thought we were having a boy. We have both been hoping for a boy so to have that confirmed today at our appt was just the most exciting thing!
The u/s tech, Georgia, told us our little guy has all his parts and everything looks really great. I'm measuring exactly right for how far along I am, give or take a day. She gave us lots of pictures of our little guy, this one being my fave:
You can see his head/face on the left there with his little body to the right of it, and his left arm is slung up over his head -- do you see that? Jeff sleeps just like that. :) It was just precious to be able to take home a snapshot like this. I think he even looks like he has a slight smile/smirk on his face.
After the appt, we went to Target because Jeff had to buy me some more flip-flops after stepping on the back of one of mine at the doctor's office and busting a strap (true story!), but mostly to snap the photo above (with the cute-as-pie bib). Wasn't that perfect?
Then we went to lunch and to Lewis Strawberry Farms for some homeade strawberry ice cream! So yummy!
Then back to work. *sigh* Yeah, I gotta save my sick/vacation time for other doc appts and for when the baby comes. But it was a beautiful day and so nice to spend a lot of it with my baby's daddy. :)
One more piece of information:
Since Jeff and I have been hoping for a boy we've been working on boy names more diligently than girl names. We had one picked out going into this appt...
Our sweet boy will be called Deacon Josiah Wenzel. :)


2 comments:
WOOOOOHOOOOOO! It's on now! :D Love the name....sounds like a famous football player....Deac Wenzel. It's wonderful to finally know. HE will be a welcome addition to the Wenzel/McAfee family. A precious little boy to go with our precious Cora Beth!
You know I am a HUGE fan of the name Deacon! Deacon Josiah Wenzel is perfect! Woohoo, for a little Wenzel boy!!! SO happy for you!
- Bekah
Post a Comment