Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

what not to wear...

I got this email from whattoexpect.com last week and it made me smile/laugh so I thought I'd share it here.  The wording is just, um, well...candid.  :)  See for yourself:

Right about now you're probably most comfy at 14 weeks pregnant in a pair of cozy sweats, worn loose and low. Unfortunately, your boss might not appreciate that look around the office. Plus, as much as you'd like to, you can't show up for that big meeting looking like you're headed for bed to watch Desperate Housewives. On the job, expectant moms should dress for success and comfort; so skip anything too revealing (like that plunging neckline that shows off your larger than life set), and give your high heels the vacation they deserve (think two-inch and wide). Invest in a few tailored shirts in pretty colors, some tummy-hugging sweater sets, and a couple of slim dark maternity skirts and pants.  You're as good to go as the CEO.

See what I mean?  There were a few parts in there that probably had a few of you chuckling.

Now, this article really was seemingly written more for those who are in a professional line of work, like accountants or lawyers, so most of it really doesn't apply to me -- I don't "dress for success" in my line of work (not that I'm not successFUL); just casual & comfy.  And there's room for leniency where I am.  :)

On a personal note, I really haven't gotten to a point where my clothes aren't fitting anymore, but I do have a couple of pairs of pants that are getting more snug than I prefer.  I think pants/shorts/capris will most likely be the most problematic.  Tops and dresses/skirts may have a little more play in them for me as I grow (outward).  Most people who know me know that I don't wear dresses/skirts.  I just prefer pants/shorts/capris.  But I'm figuring out -- and resigning myself to the fact -- that dresses are just going to be more comfortable at a certain point.  And they have more flexibility as far as expansion goes.  And that translates into saving some bucks.  I'm all for that.

So I HAVE picked up a couple of dresses myself with that in mind (not maternity, but with room to "grow"), and GOD BLESS my friend, Amy!  She brought over about 13 dresses for me recently, 8 of which I kept!  It's a good thing cuz we still have THREE weddings to attend this summer.

I didn't really want to have to wear the same dress to all 3.  That would be a no-no in the fashion world.  :)

2 comments:

Momma said...

It's wonderful to have friends! Thank you, Amy, from me, too! I agree about dresses (I don't wear them either, and they'll definitely be more flexible for you). Maybe we'll look at some pants/shorts/capris on our shopping trip. :D

Unknown said...

GLAD SOME OF THE DRESSES WORKED LINDSAY! HOPEFULLY I CAN SEE YOU IN SOME OF 'EM!!