Monday I went for my 3rd official OB doctor's appt. It was just a routine 4 week checkup. Everything went well with the exception of my blood pressure. Again. I've mentioned before that my BP has been elevated at each appt I've been to. I'm not a big fan of the whole doctor's office/hospital/things-of-a-medical-nature in general so I think that has a little to do with it. Also, Dr. Hill changed my BP meds after my first OB appt so I've been trying to get used to taking two pills a day instead of one. *sigh*
I saw a different doctor this time, Dr. Joseph, and he was really nice. He wasn't overly concerned with my BP but did say he would prefer it to be a little bit lower. I told him that I'd been taking it at home periodically with a machine very similar to the one they use in the doctor's office and it's been right where it needs to be. So. It must be the appt itself. And the fact that I KNOW they're gonna take my BP. And give me a fit about it if it's higher than it should be.
Anyway, I got to hear the heartbeat again. :) It didn't take him quite as long this time to find it and he said it sounded very strong and healthy. Yay!
That was pretty much the extent of my appt. I did find out that my blood type is O. Glad to know that now. I also picked up a copy of my records to take on our trip next week -- we're going up to see Jeff's family. His cousin, Laurie, is getting married next Saturday so we're looking forward to spending some time with his family while we're there. Also? I think they're throwing us a couple showers while we're up there. :) Thankfully, they've told everyone to do gift cards cuz we won't have the space to fly back with any loot. So thoughtful!
On a COMPLETELY unrelated note (unrelated to my doc appt, but still related to my pregnancy :), I found a place in town, thanks to my friend Genia, called the Clothes Mentor. It's a consignment shop and Genia told me they had a precent decent maternity section. I was finally in that part of town yesterday so I stopped in. And came out with 3 pairs of jeans and a pair of black dress pants! For a LOT less than I would've paid at another department store. Woo-hoo! I was totally stoked.
Let's see, anything else coming up? Hmmm...lemme think... Oh, that's right! We're finding out tomorrow if we're going to be parents to a son or daughter! Can't hardly wait!
And neither can our family and friends.
I think it was a mistake to share the time of our appt. We may have to turn our phones OFF just to be able to enjoy the moment, just us two. :) THEN, of course, we'll share our big news with everyone. Stay tuned!
And neither can our family and friends.
I think it was a mistake to share the time of our appt. We may have to turn our phones OFF just to be able to enjoy the moment, just us two. :) THEN, of course, we'll share our big news with everyone. Stay tuned!
1 comment:
So glad you found a place to get some maternity clothes at a decent price. Enjoy your trip next week and some good Wenzel attention. I know the showers will be lots of fun. Can hardly wait for the big news. Woohoo!
Post a Comment