Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

uh, your uterus is showing...

I bought my first pairs of maternity pants/capris this week.

I'm not so much concerned about the top situation -- my mom sent me a maternity top almost as soon as she found out I was pregnant, bless her heart.  Said she couldn't help herself.  :)  I also got a few tops from my friend, Allison, to use.  And I, myself, have picked up a top that isn't maternity per se, but is that "baby doll"/empire waist style that everyone is wearing.  That'll work.

But the bottoms situation?  TOAHtully different.  I'm to the point now where not really ANY of my pants/capris are comfortable anymore.  Oh, they're fine for awhile.  Until I have to sit down.  :)  Which is what I do for MOST of the day at work.  So I'm a little worried about that part of my clothing situation.

Tuesday night, I found myself at our mall and decided to check out JC Penney's maternity department.  I usually have pretty good luck there with general clothing needs; hadn't ever looked for a maternity department.  Well, I almost missed it!  Which seems to be a pattern -- the maternity department in any regular department store like that is really tiny.

So I was excited when I found a few racks of khakis, capris and jeans.  Tops, too, but I'm not worried about those right now, as I said.  I tried on about 7-8 pairs of jeans with no luck.  Ugh.  Well, that hasn't changed with the pregnancy.  I had a terrible time finding jeans when I WASN'T pregnant -- guess that will still be the case.  So no jeans.  But I'll keep looking.

I did get a pair of khakis and a pair of capris.  I figure those will have to do for awhile.  I'll just change it up with different tops.  And accessories.  :)

I did go into the Motherhood Maternity store at the mall but didn't really find anything.  I was mainly looking for a pair of jeans since I didn't find any at JCP but didn't have any luck there.

I know that I just posted a photo for 16 weeks and there really wasn't much of a bump there, but trust me when I tell you, there is now!  I guess it's just like everyone says -- it seems to happen overnight.  Everyone still says I don't look pregnant, that I don't look like I've gained anything, that they can't see a bump but it's there, people.  I did NOT have "this" before I got pregnant, so what else could "this" be??

It's a baby, that's what.  A baby bump.  :)

3 comments:

Poella Divine said...

I went in search of maternity clothes yesterday too! Found two cute dresses at Target and one at Kohls. BOth maternity sections were tiny! :( I've heard Motherhood Maternity has an outlet at Concord Mills. I too have starting showing! It's crazy how one week I wasn't and then, POP! Out came that little belly! Such a beautiful thing to see! Take care!

Momma said...

Can't wait to see the next picture of your "baby bump", but I can already see that your waist is thickening, so THAT"S also why your pants are getting uncomfortable. Love Poella's comment about the Motherhood maternity OUTLET at Concord Mills! Woohoo......just down the road from us! Worth a trip home? We could all make a day of it (I KNOW the guys could find some place to go)! :D

Unknown said...

I had the most luck at Old Navy, you just have to find one with a maternity dept. (I thought they all had one but I happened to go into the store at the mall in Winston and they didn't and they said only certain stores had them) The one in Salisbury and one in North Raleigh were the 2 i found, but not sure about down your way - you may want to call and ask.
A also made the mistake of guessing how big I was going to get. A lot of the clothes I bought I never got to wear because I didn't get as "big" as I thought i would, so be careful with guessing about future size...