Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

first doctor's appt...

Today was our first doctor's appt.  Both of us have been pretty anxious to get this appt in since I really haven't had any major pregnancy symptoms.  I, for one, just wanted/needed a professional to confirm that there really is a baby in there.

And there is!  We saw it!  What amazing technology we have to be able to see a tiny baby only about an inch long -- and to see so much detail!  The ultrasound tech pointed out tiny arm & leg buds, the umbilical cord, the developing brain, even where the jawline is beginning to form.  Say what?!  It was incredible.


We didn't get to hear the heartbeat but we saw the little heart just a-going, about 167 bpm which they said was normal/average.  During the ultrasound, there were several times where it looked like our baby's little arm nub -- I like to think of it as a hand already -- was waving at us.  Aw.  And then every so often while the tech was looking at things, the baby would "bop around".  It was such an amazing thing to see and know at the same time that that miracle is taking place right there in my body.

So based on the u/s and other factors, my official due date is October 31.  Aka, my husband's birthday.  Do you even believe that??  Of all the times for us to conceive, it happened just so to produce that due date.  Some may think that's neat, but my prayer is that this baby will not be born on Jeff's birthday.  I want Jeff and our baby to have their OWN birthdays.  But whatever God plans is what we'll take.  Like we really have a say in it, right?

I am glad to have an official due date, whatever it turned out to be, and to know that I'm officially 9 weeks, 2 days today.  From here I can begin to tell folks with confidence when they ask, and I can start taking photos of my development, knowing now how far along I am.

5 comments:

Momma said...

WOOOOOHOOOOO! It's a real live baby! This.....is.....so.....cool! Now all I need to know is He or She, 'cuz then.....IT"S ON!

Anonymous said...

Your little peanut is so cute:) Isn't it all so exciting and yet weird at the same time...
Peggy

Anonymous said...

I just love this ultrasound picture! So glad today went well and you got your "confirmation". I cannot believe you are already 9 weeks! Time is flying by. You'll be parents before you know it...God is so good! ~ Bekah

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see this....little baby Wenzel....sounds good :) 9 weeks!!!! You are almost done the first trimester!!! That is awesome!!! I pray you will continue to feel awesome through out the remainder of the pregnancy (that way you will have tons and tons more :) I am so excited that it looks like we will be here to meet baby Wenzel :) Love you both tons!!! - Kelley :)

Jill said...

Yeah!.....love the little one soooooo much already...kisses from aunt Jill