Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

telling the Wenzels...

Last night was the night we told Jeff's family (his parents and siblings).  We called Duane and Sherry first.  When we told them, Sherry immediately got emotional -- I actually thought she was going to hyperventilate because she kept gasping for air.  :)  A shocker, for sure, but when she finally pulled it together she kept saying how happy she was for us.  Duane, too -- I think he was just glad he didn't have to come down here and "give instruction" on how to get it done (his words).  Sheesh.  :)

We called Scott (Jeff's oldest brother) next and caught him at still at work.  He was surprised and asked if we were serious.  I don't think it hit him until the end of the conversation -- he congratulated us several times.

We called Jill then (Scott's wife) to share with her.  I think she was shocked because she really didn't say much.  But I think she was happy for us.

When we called Tim and Leslie (Jeff's younger brother and his wife) they didn't answer the first time so we called them later on.  We got to hear all about the progress they've made on their new house (a fixer-upper) and then we shared our news.  They were both really excited.  Leslie kept saying (in her thick northern accent), "Omigosh -- that is so cool."  :)

We hit the same roadblock with Daniel and Kristin (Jeff's youngest brother and his wife) twice -- couldn't get an answer.  The 2nd time we left a message for Daniel to call.  And he did.  He was excited for us when we told him (he was at work) and kept saying he was "proud for us".  :)

We're telling some more friends (who aren't in our SS class) tonight -- can't wait to see their reaction... :)

No comments: