Wow, I didn't mean for a whole week to go by without posting, but this is literally the first chance I've had to sit down and edit photos for posting and type my post. It's been kind of a busy week, I guess.
We've had these things for awhile, but I wanted to post some photos of some things we got in the mail from my mom & dad and from Jeff's brother & sister-in-law. Can I just say how much fun it is to get not just a card in the mail (which TOTALLY makes my day/week) but an entire package, no matter how big or small??! It's like Christmas! Love it. Absolutely love it.
My mom warned me that this would probably not be the last time we'd get something from them -- she is absolutely estatic about grandbaby #2, just as she was with grandbaby #1. My dad is, too, for that matter. They've been waiting a long time for US to "get on the ball" so I won't fault them for their excitement. It just adds to our excitement. Hopefully they won't go into debt buying things before our child even gets here. :)
Pictured here, you can see that there is a cute maternity top, an adorable little duck sleeper -- which is just about as soft as it could possibly be, some little socks, a teether and a little "crinkly" book.
The maternity top, socks and "crinkly" book came from my parents. They also included $10 made up of bills and change, stuck in about 4-5 plastic easter eggs. Mom said it was "a little Easter" but I'm saying it could be the start of our kid's college education fund. It's never too early to start, right?
I love the top -- it seems like it will be really comfortable once I get to the stage of needing to wear it. The socks have little Pooh characters on them and the "crinkly" book is what I call it because it makes noise like paper being balled up when you touch it. A fun thing for baby Wenzel to chew on, I imagine. :)
I love the top -- it seems like it will be really comfortable once I get to the stage of needing to wear it. The socks have little Pooh characters on them and the "crinkly" book is what I call it because it makes noise like paper being balled up when you touch it. A fun thing for baby Wenzel to chew on, I imagine. :)
The little sleeper and teether came from Scott & Jill and the kids along with a really sweet card, in which Jill wrote that she had been "praying for this day for sooo long..." :) I think the sleeper is THE sweetest thing! The little feet on it are just perfect and I already said how soft it was. The other thing that makes it so cute is the fact that it's a newborn size -- so tiny! The teether is perfect because it's in the shape of a seahorse. I don't know if she really thought of that when she picked it out but, I mean, we DO live at the beach... :)
Thank you guys for starting us off with a few things to make us even more excited about this pregnancy and help us welcome our precious child! We love you all!



1 comment:
It couldn't have been any more fun to open the box than it was to put it together! :D And you're right... WE ARE ECSTATIC! It's almost surreal to us, too, but we're reminding each other all the time that we're gonna be grandparents again! Woohoo! We won't be going into debt, but you can rest assured that "a little here and a little there" will add up. It's the most wonderful FUN!
Post a Comment