Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

walking!

Okay, so I'm behind, yeah.  I guess the holidays can do that to you.  And I was barely ready for the holidays in time, so truthfully, I was probably behind before they even got here.

Well, it is what it is.

So here I am, a couple of weeks late, posting that MY BOY IS WALKING.


For a couple of weeks before Christmas, he was taking a few steps here and there -- practicing, I like to call it.  He was still moving pretty fast crawling so he hadn't totally abandoned that mode of transportation yet.

[uh, yeah...he's walking on the Word of God.  oops.]

Then the week of Christmas, he started really taking lots of steps all together to get from one place to another.  He would walk from this stationary object to that one, from mommy to daddy and vice versa.  I'm so proud of him for continuing to practice and keep at it -- he's doing really well now and can make turns and such. Now, he actually seems to prefer walking to crawling because usually if when he falls, he makes a beeline for the nearest object that will help him get back up and he's off again. 

He doesn't know how to stand up on his own, but I'm sure that's the next step.  Ha!  Step...get it?  Step, he's taking ste -- ha, ha!  :)

1 comment:

Momma said...

I'm behind in reading your posts, too! Love this one! Deacon is such a little man. Loved watching him taking steps when you were here. He's growing up way too fast. Love you all!