Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas 2011 in Lexington...

...also known as New Year's.

Since we spent our first Christmas ever at home this year, we decided to celebrate Christmas with my family over New Year's weekend.  It worked out really well, and actually gave us more time together with my brother & sister-in-law, etc., since they didn't need to leave to go spend time with Brandi's family as they usually do on Christmas day.

We celebrated on Saturday, New Year's Eve, and started out the morning with yummy breakfast treats.  I made the bacon & cheese scones again and they were a big hit.  We also had awesome donut holes from Granny's in Thomasville (I think a new tradition was started with those donut holes, seriously), coffee and juice.

We started out with stockings, as always -- one of my fave traditions with my family.  My mom said something about possibly doing away with stockings in the coming years, which makes me pretty sad, though I understand about the idea of cutting back.  At any rate, we enjoyed tearing into those bags all at once and seeing what kind of goodies were waiting for us.  :)

Then we did the regular gifts which always takes awhile because we go around one at a time opening our gifts.  It really does take a LONG time, but I love doing it this way because I love seeing faces as they open gifts just as much as I like getting gifts.  :)

Lots of photos were taken, of course -- observe...

:: Gram & Buppa with their great-grandchildren ::
Bear, 11 mos | Cora Beth, 3 yrs 5 mos | Deacon, 14 mos




I think Jeff would tell you this is probably where I get my, um, animated behavior from.  My mom gets really excited about giving gifts but she also gets excited about HER gifts.  I made this scarf for her so I was personally excited to see her so excited about it.  :)






1 comment:

Momma said...

So enjoyed Christmas, as always, but grandkids make it so much more. These are great pictures....lots of memories made, food eaten, and love spread around!