Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas 2011 randomness...

Just some randomness related to our holidays this year:


I made pumpkin bread for our neighbors this year -- the ones on either side of us and across the street, and then also our brand new neighbors behind us.  We hadn't had a chance to introduce ourselves to them yet, so it was a perfect opportunity to meet them when we took the bread over.  Super-nice couple.  :)





Ahem.  Yes, this is a year late.  This is Deacon's 1st Christmas ornament.  I really wanted his 1st Christmas ornament to be special so I really looked around to find just the right one.  I never could decide on anything, and I had it in the back of my mind anyway that I kind of wanted to make one for him. 

Well, at long last, I found an idea on Pinterest for an ornament and this is my version.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  So much, in fact, that I've decided to do this every year until he's 5 years old.  But the ornaments will be made with photos from that Christmas so they'll be a year late, but that's okay.  This one has "Deacon Josiah Wenzel . 1st Christmas 2010" on half of the strips, and has his birth stats on the other strips.


Christmas cookie monster!  :)

2 comments:

Momma said...

Love the cookie monster! I think Deacon gets HIS animation from you, although Jeff can get pretty animated, too, so maybe it's a combination for Deacon. Great pictures!

Momma said...

Sorry....forgot to say that your ornament is beautiful, and love the "perkiness" of your Christmas goodies to your neighbors. I know the pumpkin bread was well received! :D