Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chuck E Cheese!

The other thing we did on Deacon's actual birthday, after giving him his bike, is take him to Chuck E Cheese for the first time.  I think I've only ever been to Chuck E Cheese maybe once, for a friend's birthday party or something like that.  We didn't have them in the area where I grew up so it wasn't something we frequented.  Jeff said the same thing.

I'm happy to say that with my limited experience, my expectations were exceeded by a fairly large margin.  :)  It was a lot cleaner (and quieter) than I expected it to be, and the food was pretty decent.  We got a package deal with a pizza, drinks and some a ton of tokens for the games/rides.

While we were there during the lunch hour, another kid had a birthday party so we were able to see the "show" that Chuck E Cheese and his friends put on for parties (without actually paying for it).  Deacon was pretty enthralled with it all (from a safe distance :), but Jeff and I decided then that we wouldn't do a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  Ever.

There were a few rides that quickly became Deacon's faves, but for the most part he liked exploring to see all the fun to be had.  Jeff and I had a pretty good time, too, but it was fun to watch Deacon have so much fun.  We enjoyed our time as a family at Chuck E Cheese!









1 comment:

Momma said...

Glad you had such a good experience! Deacon had a great 3rd birthday celebration from start (on the 19th) to uh...finished yet? I say keep the celebration going as long as possible! It only comes once a year! Yay for birthdays!