Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

shopping for mommy...

Saturday, I met my mom & dad in Raleigh for some shopping at Triangle Town Center.  We had a great time!  My dad tagged along for a little bit but was able to wander off at will to go to some other stores that he was more interested than, say, Motherhood Maternity.  Which was our first stop.  :)

My mom & I had a ball in that store!  We probably spent a good 2 hours in that store because they were having such a great sale and I was trying on all kinds of stuff.  And my mom kept coming back with more stuff for me to try on.  :)

I had actually made a list of some things that would be important in the future -- things like nursing bras, a nightgown/robe for the hospital, underwear (aka "draws"), etc.  I was able to get all of that and lots more at the MM store.  I picked up some more tops and a couple of comfy capri pants & lounge pants, in addition to the other things.

Our next stop was the food court -- time for LUNCH!  Mom and I had yummy meals from a place called Villa Pizza and Daddy got chinese.  That's the beauty of the food court, you know?

We headed down to see what GAP Maternity had but THAT was a wasted trip.  They had a little "closet" for their maternity clothes and everything was either black, white or beige, with a couple of dark purples or grays.  Ugh, booooring.  No, thank you.

Back out we went to check out some of the department stores (Dillards, Saks Fifth Ave, Belk) and Belk was the only one that even had a maternity section.  And I picked up a couple pairs of shorts in there.  YAY!  I've been looking for shorts for awhile.  Everything I've seen is way shorter than I want to wear -- these were like bermuda length.  Perfect.  I'll take 2 -- one in navy, one in khaki.

I think after that we decided that we needed some ice cream, having seen the DQ at the food court when we were there earlier.  Actually, they had a Chic-Fil-A at the food court, too, and I'd been telling my dad about their cookies & cream milkshake.  I think I talked him into that.  Mom and I got blizzards from DQ.  Mmmm.

After that, we ran over to Bath & Body Works because I needed to get some more travel size lotions plus I had a coupon.  :)  Our last stop was in Yankee Candle (it was on the way out) and I picked up some fall-scented tarts.  Can't wait to start burning/melting those.  :)

I would say it was a successful day filled with fun and good times with family, with lots of bargains thrown in.  :)  I am so grateful to my parents for doing this for me.  It was a wonderful day.

Here are some photos we took to document our day:

[me & Momma, photo credit: Daddy]

[looking away from the mall portion of the center]

[after a fun day shopping, 29 weeks pregnant;
photo credit: Daddy]

[after eating yummy ice cream :) -- LOVE these people]

[my loot!, photo credit: Daddy]

[us -- my fave photo of the day :)]

And yes...that was the FIRST attempt at a "self-portrait".  I've still got it.  :)

2 comments:

Momma said...

I second it! A wonderful day! Such a blessing to be able to do that. We had a blast! Thank you, Lord!

Anonymous said...

Aww...looks like you guys had a wonderful day!! I love your parents!!--Melinda