31 weeks today. 9 weeks to go... OMW. People keep telling me that the last month, month and a half will feel like time has come to a screeching halt, and I'm really okay with that. There are still a lot of things to get done, details to work out, so I'll take all the time, "perceived" or not, I can get!
Here's what's been happening with our baby boy this past week, according to babycenter.com:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
As a matter of fact, he HAS had a couple of "parties" in the wee hours of the morning, kicking and rolling all around. He's pretty active nowadays, especially in the mornings up to lunchtime or so -- the way I sit in my computer chair gets him going, I guess.
Whattoexpect.com had a few other little tidbits to share:
Weighing in at three-plus pounds and measuring 18 inches long, your baby is quickly approaching his birth length — though he's got to pack on another three to five pounds before D-day. Also developing at an impressive clip: your baby's brain connections (he's got to make trillions of them!). He's now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. He's also putting in longer stretches of sleep, which is why you're probably noticing more defined patterns of wakefulness (and movement) and rest (when he’s pretty still).
I can tell you those oranges are not sitting in THAT formation in my belly -- I know there's ONE stuck up in my ribs permanently, it seems. :)

1 comment:
Active and healthy.....good words for little Deacon. Saw a co-worker's 6-week old baby Jeremiah today, and he's soooo cute! Can hardly wait to hold my little grandson! :D :D :D
Post a Comment