While we were up in IL last week, Jeff's family threw us two showers (it was a CRAZY week, peeps!). It was so sweet of them to do that for us with everything else that was going on that week (Jeff's cousin got married last Saturday -- that's why we went up).
The first shower was at my mother-in-law's house and it was just lovely. We got to see several family members we haven't seen in a while so that was nice. Sherry made a wonderful mushroom lasagna with garlic bread, and then we had green salad and fruit salad that was scrumptious! And of course, cake! It was such a cute cake, too (wait til you see!).
We played a couple of really fun games -- lots of laughs. It was really a lot of fun. Here are a few photos to show you what I mean:
What is IN there?? (This game had about 13 different bags filled with a baby item and we had to feel through the bag and try to guess what the item was. I actually did A LOT better at this game than I thought I would. :)
Little Sam liked my cute corsage -- Sherry made it from an elephant finger puppet, some ribbon and a couple pacifiers. How ingenious!
Aunt Stephanie (left) knows how I love photos so she gathered a bunch of older photos of Jeff and others in the family and we had a great time looking at them. Here, Sherry is schooling me on who's who.
The main thing they all did for us was to collect cash as our gift since we had to fly back and didn't have a lot of extra room. It was a perfect gift because with what they gave us we'll be able to afford one of the bigger items on our list of things to get -- our travel system! Yay!
Is that not the cutest? But here's the best part: THIS is my color scheme. Turquoise, lime green and brown are the colors I've always had in mind for our little boy's nursery (whenever he came along) and they didn't even KNOW that when they ordered the cake! How fantastic is that!
*********************************************************************************
The 2nd shower was at my sister-in-law Jill's house and she went to so much trouble for us! Oh, my word, it was right up my alley because she had done all these little extra things to make it so special. Things like little baby bottles with "it's a boy" ribbon tied around them, water bottles (for us to drink out of) with Deacon's name on them and the ribbon tied around them, little picks (to put in cookies/brownies, etc.) with Deacon's name on them, a sweet little frame with his first ultrasound and a beautiful poem, a diaper cake... All of these things that were just so special.
Here are a few photos from that shower:
Jill hung these on the blinds above her back patio door. What a neat idea!
I absolutely fell in LOVE with this little onsie!
This is the sweet little frame that I described above. It's hard to see in this photo, I know, but it was so special. She read the poem out loud at the shower.
We played a game with candy bar descriptions -- it was HARD! But lots of fun, too. :)
I don't have a photo of it but Jeff's brother Daniel and his wife, Kristin, came for the shower and they gave each of us a legacy journal -- one for mommy, one for daddy -- to write about ourselves in to give to our son one day. I was very excited about this gift! They also gave us a cute-as-pie-and-soft-too giraffe & blanket. :)
Whew! I know this is a long post but I wanted to share these moments with you guys. We are feeling so much love from all our friends and family during this exciting time in our lives. We love you all so much!












1 comment:
What a special time! MY thanks, too, to the Wenzel family for "showering" you with so much love. Love the cute ideas used, and Deac's cake looks fantastic.
Post a Comment