Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013...

I'm late with this post, but what's new?  It's the season to be behind, right?

No?

Well, I am.

But I'm doing the best I can with this massive to-do list I stare at every day.

And here's another thing I can cross off -- a post on our Thanksgiving this year!

We were home this year which is very rare.  We normally go to my parents' house in Lexington for Thanksgiving, but this year, Jeff's older brother and his family planned to come visit over the Thanksgiving holiday.  So we were here, and it was great!  I cooked the meal with the exception of the turkey, which my husband TOTALLY nailed.  So guess what?  He has that job FOR.LIFE.  If we're here, he's doing the turkey.

Until Jesus comes back.

He soaked our 14 lb turkey in a brine the night before.  The next morning, he put it in the oven at 500 degrees (I didn't even know my oven would get that hot!) for 1/2 an hour, and then threw it in a oil-less fryer for a few hours.  The rest of the meal came together wonderfully.  I made (ahem) homemade mashed potatoes that were so creamy, green bean casserole (in the oven, cuz that's the way Jeff likes it :), sweet potato casserole (which Jeff's brother said was "phenomenal"), rolls and gravy.

Oh, yeah.

We rocked that Thanksgiving meal.



Everyone enjoyed the meal and just being together.  Scott and his family live in Illinois (like almost everyone else in Jeff's family :) so we don't see them often.  We're grateful that they made the trip down to NC to visit.


And I'm grateful to my sister-in-law, Jill, who took all these awesome photos!


1 comment:

Momma said...

So glad your first Thanksgiving at home was a great success! Kudos, Jeff, on a great turkey! Love the pics!