[12 weeks comparison here]
Had a good doctor's appt this past Monday. They said my iron was "great" (38% -- 33% or higher is preferred during pregnancy), my urine's good (sorry if I'm sharing TMI; it kind of goes along with pregnancy, yes?), the baby's heartbeat sounded good.
I guess the baby is about the size of an avocado right now, so he/she's pushing out a little more to make room. I've just now started feeling very slight flicks or flutters or flips but only every now and then, not very consistently at all.
Random fact: after I eat, it looks like my food all settles at the top of my stomach, right under my chest, right above my belly button. It's strange, but it makes me look much more pregnant than I am, right after I eat.
We find out in 2 weeks whether this baby is a boy or a girl. I really don't have any hunches as to what it is, and I don't have any preference either. I've really tried to think honestly about it and I can say that I will not be disappointed with either one. We've had a blast with Deacon so another boy would be awesome. At the same time, I'd like the opportunity to raise a girl, too. It sure takes a lot of pressure off going to find out! Can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment