For Father's Day this year, we gave Jeff an ice cream maker!
Now let me just say that I didn't come up with this on my own (I wish). We were shopping in Sam's one day and we saw them. Jeff took a closer look at one of them and then as we were stepping away, he said, "I want that for Father's Day!"
:: cue the file upload into my "gifts for Jeff" folder in my brain ::
He is kinda hard to buy for unless you have gobs of money or you're a computer geek.
Or a woodworker.
So anytime I hear him say "I want that" and it's reasonably priced, he's pretty much getting "that" at the next occasion to celebrate him (birthday, Christmas, etc.).
Hence, the ice cream maker purchase made just a few days before Father's Day.
So I wasn't even gonna try to wrap that big 'ole box and keep it somewhere secret. Instead I decided to hide (read: camouflage) it in this junky closet we have. It wasn't hard to cover it up after I found a large enough space for it.
And then we had a scavenger hunt to find it!
We gave him his card which had the first clue inside. Then he was off!
Since we gave it to him, we've made 4 batches of ice cream! We're getting our money's worth out of that "reasonably priced" gift. :)
But no matter what the price, no matter what the gift, Jeff is totally worth every penny! He is such a good daddy to our boy. Deacon and I both love him to pieces! Happy Father's Day, Daddy!




1 comment:
Such a "sweet" idea! And we got to enjoy Jeff's gift, too! Homemade ice cream.....yum!
Post a Comment