...we were in Holly Ridge!
We got to celebrate Christmas 4 times this year!
- in Holly Ridge, NC; our little family -- the 3 of us
- in Lena, IL; Jeff's (very large) extended family -- the 30 of us
- in Freeport, IL; Jeff's immediate family -- the 13 of us
- in Lexingon, NC; Lindsay's immediate family -- the 11 of us
So the "first day of Christmas" for us was on Sunday, Dec 23. Our church changed their schedule a bit on this day, deciding not to have our Connect Groups (SS classes) meet, nor were they having their early service at 8am. Considering that we teach 2 Connect Groups on Sundays so we HAVE to go to the 8am service, that gave us quite a break. A break I welcomed with open arms!
Not that I don't love our Connect Groups, cuz I do -- so whole-heartedly! And not that I don't love the 8am service, cuz I do. But it IS early. Even earlier for us since we have to set up our room each week before we go to that service, so that it's ready for our CGs at 9:30 and then again at 11.
So. Considering that we weren't having any of the above, we DID get a break! We got to sleep in, for one. We love us some sleep in the Wenzel house. :)
We decided to do our Christmas as a family that morning since we'd have more time before needing to head to church for the 9:30am service. Deacon did pretty good, but I think after hearing from us that he couldn't touch the presents under the tree (until we said he could), he was a little hesitant to tear into them. :)
He seemed to like everything he got (yay!) and it was a lot of fun to watch him open the presents and then play with what was inside. There's something about being able to share those special Christmas moments with just your own family. Even if there are only 3 of you. :)
[26 months]









No comments:
Post a Comment