Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

time with Grandma & Grandpa...

Jeff's mom & dad came down to visit a couple weeks ago and they got a pretty fair amount of time with Deacon, which they really enjoyed.  I'm not gonna lie, we took full advantage of them while they were here.  :)

Jeff and I were both involved with an all-day ministry opportunity at a local prison on Feb 11, so that was actually the reason we chose this time period for them to come.  I knew they would enjoy keeping him for us, plus I didn't really have anyone else I wanted to ask to spend their whole day Saturday watching my kid, you know?

As it turned out, while they were here, we had quite a few opportunities to take advantage of the "live-in babysitter" situation (hello, childcare savings!), including a date night together for Valentine's Day.  I actually felt kind of bad that we did take such advantage, but I think if you ask them, they wouldn't see it that way at all. *wink*



1 comment:

Momma said...

I KNOW I wouldn't have minded a BIT to be a "live in babysitter" for a few days! Take advantage! :D He is sooooo cute! Jeff better be reinforcing the doors, 'cuz the girls will be trying to knock 'em down!