Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

one-year well check...

Deacon had his one-year well check a couple days ago (late I know, but we had to move it back a little because he had a bout with strep throat, of all things; he's totally over that now, praise the Lord!).  He got a great report from the pediatrician:

Weight: 20 lbs, 5 oz  (14%)
Height: 29"  (21%)
Head Circumference: 46.4cm  (49%)

Okay, so he's a short, lightweight thing, but I'm totally fine with that.  He definitely isn't scrawny by any means, with those chunky legs and apple cheeks.  Oh, I could just eat him up!  :)

He got 4 vaccines at his appt, boo.  2 sticks in each leg and boy, he didn't like that, but 15-20 secs after I was able to pick him up, he was over it.  Such a tough guy.  In fact, they had to stick his big toe for a hemoglobin test and he didn't make a peep over that.  He just looked down at the nurse while she squeezed the mess out of his toe to get enough blood and was like, "Hey...watcha doin' down there?"

He liked her purple gloves.  :)

So he's good for another 3 months, until his 15 month well check.  And I'm sure that will be here before I know it.

2 comments:

Poella Divine said...

I love reading about Deacon! He is too cute! Can you believe it's gone by this fast?!?

Momma said...

A good report is a great thing! Thank you, God, and thank you, too, for giving Deacon to our family. We are indeed blessed by his presence among us!