Oh, my word. One month to go before my baby boy turns a year old. I can't hardly take it...
We had to lower Deacon's crib mattress at the beginning of this month -- he started to like standing up in his crib and that was just not okay with me. He was too much in danger of leaning too far over so we dropped the mattress down a couple levels.
We continued to try new foods like broccoli & carrots with cheese, lasagna and apples w/oatmeal (all baby food) and Deacon is not too big a fan. About a week before he turned 11 mos, we started trying to give him some table food from our dinner -- baked spaghetti, french toast w/bacon, real sweet potatoes, baked beans and peaches...he does pretty well with it all. My fear of him choking is fading. :\ We've also begun to introduce whole milk as my supply of breastmilk continues to wane. As it stands right now, this is what his feeding schedule looks like:
an 8 oz bottle first thing in the morning (whole milk, breastmilk, formula or combo of the 3)
some rice cereal and yogurt for a mid-morning snack or "breakfast"
an 8 oz bottle for lunch
some goldfish, cheerios or puffs and water for snack
dinner with "the fam" (table food from whatever we're eating)
an 8 oz bottle before bed
Since we're talking about his feeding schedule, I'll just mention here that I stopped nursing Deacon at the end of this month. I had planned to try to nurse through his 1st year and I think we probably would've made it (I had gotten down to just nursing him first thing in the morning by this month) but I went away for a weekend retreat the end of Sept/first of Oct and rather than take the pump with me just for that one feeding, I thought it was time to just be done altogether. He did great, of course. He's so easy-going. :) I had a little trouble for about 6-7 days with pain & discomfort but within about 10 days I was done with all of that.
[if I'm working on loading or unloading the dishwasher,
he's right there, with his "Dr. Seuss hair"...]
Of course, he's crawling everywhere now. I mentioned in my last post that he'd finally begun to pull up on everything and was crawling intermittently. Well, he's really been doing great, getting more fluid and taking less time to get where he's going. He will crawl right up to me or Jeff where we're standing, grab a hold of our pant legs and stand right up. It's so endearing -- I just love it!












2 comments:
I believe Webb has a twin- almost in looks and definitely in crawling, eating, and pulling up! I love the picture of ya'll at the dishwasher! Such gorgeous eyes! I can't wait to see pictures of the first birthday! :)
Getting so big! Can't wait for the birthday party 'cuz I'll get to see him in person, but not sure I'm ready either for him to turn 1. However, watching him grow and change has been such a blessing! Keep on keepin' on, Deacon! :D
Post a Comment