We celebrated Deacon's first Christmas at my Mom & Dad's house in Lexington. It was there that my brother, sister-in-law and niece finally got to meet him, as well as my grandparents, Deacon's great-grandparents.
Our 4-hour trip to my parents' house went well -- we stopped 2 hours in to feed the kid and change his diaper. He did good with that. When we weren't stopped, he pretty much snoozed the whole way.
Deacon did great away from home -- my parents set up a pack-n-play in my Dad's office and he slept just fine in there at night. For naps, he slept wherever we were. My mom was stocked with diapers & wipes so we didn't have to bring any with us. We packed enough clothes that we didn't have to do laundry so that was good. I wasn't sure how I was going to do with the whole packing-for-a-baby thing but I guess it turned out okay. :)
Deacon did great away from home -- my parents set up a pack-n-play in my Dad's office and he slept just fine in there at night. For naps, he slept wherever we were. My mom was stocked with diapers & wipes so we didn't have to bring any with us. We packed enough clothes that we didn't have to do laundry so that was good. I wasn't sure how I was going to do with the whole packing-for-a-baby thing but I guess it turned out okay. :)
Even only 2 months in, Deacon seems to be a pretty laid back kid so he really just rolled with whatever came down the pike over the weekend. So grateful for that -- he gets that from his Daddy and that's what I prayed & prayed for! :)
It was a special weekend and the numerous photos that were taken tell the story pretty well:
[my jolly boy says, "Merry Christmas!"]
[Deacon & his Grammy, my mom]
[Deacon & his great-grandmother, my Gram]
[Deacon & his great-grandfather, my Buppa]
[Cora Beth meeting her cousin for the first time...]
[...and she loves him :) ]
[Deacon with his Aunt Brandi]
[helping Aunt Lindsay give out the presents]
[stopping to check on Deacon :) ]
[Cora Beth's fave gift -- a HANDMADE-by-my-Buppa rocking horse]
[all the kiddos]
[such a sweet little helper :) ]
[cousins]
[it was a white Christmas with 3-4 inches of snow!]
[my brother, his girl and their snowman :) ]
[2 months old]
**For more photos of our weekend, click here.**


















2 comments:
Wonderful post to go with a wonderful Christmas! We are blessed.....thank you, God, for family!
Such sweet memories. He's such a happy baby!
Post a Comment