Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

whoa.

I'm pregnant, it seems.

It sure doesn't feel like it.

I took a pregnancy test last night after being 3 days late, and it was clearly positive, but truly, I keep waiting for my period to start.  It just doesn't feel real to me yet, I guess.

I really didn't even want to take the test last night -- I thought I should give it a few more days -- but Jeff was actually hounding me to take one.  I was pretty anxious about it because I just didn't know what to expect.  Or what I wanted.

No, that's not right.  We've been trying since last August (2009) -- about 6.5 mos -- so, of course, I wanted it to be positive, but I guess having never done this before, never had this experience before, I was a little out of sorts, if you will.

But I took the test & when we looked, there was the " + ".  Positive.  Pregnant.

Well, now what?  I should be jumping up and down with joy, right?  Knocking Jeff over with my hugs and kisses?

But there wasn't any of that.  We just kinda looked at each other a few times, and said, "Okay.  So.  We're pregnant.  Huh."  I saw that going differently when we eventually got this news.

It was just kinda weird.  I didn't know what to think.  I still don't.

We're both dealing with this (good) news in different ways -- today I looked all over the internet for creative ways to share the news with friends and family.  Jeff has been researching plans for cribs.  He told me he woke up 2:22am this morning thinking about how everything in our life is about to change.  Our world is about to be rocked!  I had that same thought in the shower this morning.

I guess we'll just take it one day at a time.