I had a doctor's appt with my OB this morning for another NST to monitor the baby's heartbeat. My blood pressure was surprisingly low: 126/78. Say what?! Whatever. I just never know.
The NST turned out fine -- Dr. Hill was pleased with his movement and heartbeat throughout the test. I drank some orange juice this morning to get him really moving. Which he was. He likes orange juice. :)
While I was on the monitors for the NST, Dr. Hill came in to discuss a "plan for delivery". As of the ultrasound last Thursday, he is still breech so obviously the course of action is to schedule a c-section.
*cue villian music* Dun-dun-dun.
Now, this child has been breech for quite a while now so I've had time to get used to the idea that we may have to go the c-section route. Not my first choice, of course, because I did want to try the labor-and-(vaginal)-delivery route, despite being scared to death of it all. :) However, it doesn't look like that is in the near future for us unless he turns between now and Tuesday.
That's right -- I said Tuesday. We are scheduled for a c-section first thing Tuesday morning, October 26. Um, yeah. That's a week from tomorrow.
So I've been slowly processing this information all day today. Hard to believe that in a week, we'll get to meet our little guy, this child I've been carrying for so long, the one who's been wreaking havoc on my body and my blood pressure. :)
I will have another ultrasound on Thursday to check my fluid levels and if, by some chance, he's actually turned, I guess we'll regroup and figure out Plan B. In the meantime, we're planning on the c-section next Tuesday.
And Jeff now has a firm deadline for that crib.
2 comments:
It's in God's hands (always has been)! We leave mid-morning Sunday to make our way to Holly Ridge. We are sooooo excited to meet our FIRST grandson! Hope we can be of much help to you. :D
Yay!!! This is so exciting!! Just don't be surprised if things happen differently than planned!! We had a c-section scheduled for Grace on 9/1 and I went into labor on 8/30. From my experience as well as those of friends...when you have a scheduled date...it sort of takes the pressure and stress off a little and things tend to happen sooner than planned! Of course, that's our plans...God has his plans which always win out!!---Melinda
Post a Comment