Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

three.

My sweet boy,

Unbelievably, another year of your precious life has passed -- you are three years old today!

I am absolutely amazed at what you can do, all the things you know and remember, how you've become even more fun in just a year's time.  You are such a joy to me, doodle!

You still love to chatter on and on, and even though it can be wearisome at times, it is one of the things I love about you.  I love to carry on conversations with you about anything and everything.  From trucks, tractors or trains to bible verses and things you learn at church, you are already so knowledgeable and perceptive!  My gracious, kid -- I see glimpses into your sweet heart and it just turns mine inside out.

You are so quick to pick up on all kinds of emotions that you observe -- and quick to ask for prayer when needed.  I hope you always remember that you can talk to Jesus about anything.

You have been so much fun to watch grow and change and learn over these past three years.  You are becoming quite the little man, with opinions and preferences of your own.  It's been so wonderful to watch you develop friendships with the little people in our lives, the sons or daughters of our own friends.  I think you're going to be a good friend to your peeps, buddy.  :)

We have enjoyed every minute of having you here with us and we're so excited to see you become a big brother next year!  You already seem to have a fondness for your baby sister and I have a strong feeling that when our little Natalie Grace arrives, you are going to be the best big brother ever!  And she will totally adore you, just like we do.

Happy 3rd birthday, buddy.

Love,
Mama


1 comment:

Momma said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. He IS such a joy! Love being around him, listening to him chatter and "playing trains" with him. I say amen to this post!!!!