I don't want to jinx anything but *whispering* Deacon has been sleeping through the night for a week now! Well, that's not completely accurate. Here's how it really went down:
Last Monday night (Feb 28), he slept for 8 hours. I fed him at 10-10:30pm and put him down to sleep. He woke up around 1:30am which is a little early for him to eat again (I had typically been feeding him between 2-3am) so I decided to just wait and see what he would do. He fussed for about 5 min and then went back to sleep. I fully expected him to wake back up an hour or so later (at which time I would've probably fed him) but he never woke up until 6:15am!
The next night (Mar 1), he woke up a couple of times -- once at 1:30am-ish and then at 4:30am. Both times, he just fussed for a few minutes and then went back to sleep. He woke at 6am that morning.
On night/day 3, he woke up 3 times! Oh Lord...is this going to be a pattern?? He did sleep until 7am that morning, but he was very fitful during the night.
Over the next couple of nights he was sleeping through, but still waking up a couple of times to fuss for a little bit. I wasn't counting it a success yet. Sleeping through the night was just a technicality at this point. It just meant he wasn't eating during the night, really.
But then Sunday night (Mar 6), he slept all the way through the night without waking up one time! SUCCESS! And the next night...same thing! He slept completely through the night, waking only when I went to get him up for his first feeding of the day around 6:45am-ish.
Last night, he did wake up once or twice but I think that's mostly because he's picked up another cold (dang nursery at church) and he's doing a lot of coughing. I think it really woke him up and he just got aggravated. Poor little buddy.
But for all intents and purposes, my child is (finally) sleeping through the night. And we're happy about that. :)
[4 mos]

4 comments:
That is awesome! Way to go Deacon! Makes you happy and sad all at the same time, huh? He is growing up too fast!! -Bekah
Wonderful! The week I went back to work, Webb slept through the night every single night. Then these last two weeks, he's up for a feeding around 1 a.m. I too have waited for him to fuss for a minute to see if he'll go back to sleep. Some nights he does, others not so much. It's nice to have long stretches of shut-eye! Glad little guy is doing well!
Woohoo! Makes all the difference when you get 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. And I LOVE this picture! Deacon looks like he just loves his Mama, and you.....well.... you just glow! Happy for you! :D
How wonderful!! I remember how that was with Ean. Not so much with Eli,though. :) Deacon is so precious! - Lori
Post a Comment