I had 2 more doc appts today, one at Wilmington Maternal and one at Carolina OB/Gyn.
The first was at MF and everything went well. Our ultrasound tech, Melissa, was really nice and did her thing. She took my blood pressure first and it was 110/70. FABULOUS! That's REALLY LOW for me. I'll take it. :)
When the ultrasound started, I was kind of perplexed. This was the first time that everything just looked kind of like a mess up on the screen -- I couldn't really make out what she was looking at a lot of the time. We found out later that's because the baby is facing my back bone.
Oh. Well, that explains it then.
She and Dr. Wright (yes, I finally met *the elusive Dr. Wright*) both said that everything looks great. The baby weighs 3 lbs, 2 oz -- a "beautiful" weight. The kidneys were, again, an object of examination, not that anything is wrong, just that they are still larger than the norm. In fact, Dr. Wright came in specifically to reassure us that they didn't see any cause of concern with the kidneys, that there was nothing to worry about but that it would just be something they keep an eye on until delivery. After he's born, the pediatrician will probably take a closer look just to be sure there's nothing of concern to see. I'm okay with that. They are keeping an eye on things and erring on the side of caution so that's definitely reassuring to me.
Melissa could tell that he was very active today -- and I could, too. He was kicking and moving, making it a little more difficult to get what she needed. We didn't get any fun photos from the ultrasound -- mostly because like I said before, everything just looked like a mess -- but Melissa did confirm, yet again, that he is still a boy. THAT'S the photo we got.
Why do they think I need another photo of my son's teeny, tiny wee-wee?
**********************************************************************************
After MF, we headed over to the 17th St. location of Carolina for the 2nd appt -- just a "hop, skip and jump" from MF so that worked out well. I saw Dr. Hall today who I'd heard great things about. I was not disappointed. :) She was really nice and did her thing, too. My blood pressure there was 132/70 which was more in the normal range for me and they were happy with that.
She listened to the baby's heartbeat and said it was good and strong. She measured me and said I was measuring right around 30 weeks so that was right (30 weeks this Sunday according to my due date). She checked my feet & legs for swelling and I mentioned that I had some swelling in my left foot -- not so much my right foot (unless it's the end of the day and I'd been on my feet a lot or out in the heat, etc.). She said that was great, especially for Aug 20 and the heat we'd been having. Just told me to keep drinking lots of fluids which I try to be pretty conscious about.
So 2 good reports to start the weekend off right. I'm happy. :)
1 comment:
Yay! Good reports are a good thing! ok....."wee wee?" I haven't heard that in a long long time! :D THAT'S what your Gram would ask US if she thought we needed to use the bathroom..... "Do you need to wee wee?"
Post a Comment